Institute for Long Life Learning
Since its foundation in 2015, the Institute has taken on the responsibilities of the previous Training Centre for Local Authorities. It is attached directly to the Vocational Training Division of the Department for Education, Culture and Sport of the Ticino Cantonal Government (Switzerland).
Besides other training offers, it is in charge of providing training for both civil servants and politicians working in Ticino local authorities.
In particular it promotes:
- Courses for obtaining the title of “Segretario comunale”, the chief of local authorities administration:
- Courses for developing public management and governance skills;
- Courses for staff workers in local authorities
- Courses for local politicians;
- Course for people working in the field of social services and assurances.
- Other thematic courses on specific issues.
It employs 18 people on a full-time basis and calls on the services of numerous instructors and consultants working both within and outside the Canton’s civil service. The purpose of the centre is to identify and meet training needs, to organise and assess courses and also partly to provide actual teaching.
Director : M. Manuela Courbon
Contact person: GRUGNOLA Paolo
Telephone: +41 91 814 16 62
Category of membership: Ordinary